Designed by Ludwig Hirschfeld-Mack in 1924.
Manufactured in Switzerland by NAEF according to the original designs. c.1980’s
Originally designed in 1924 by Ludwig Hirschfeld-Mack in 1924, this spinning top (or Optical Colour Mixer) is one example of idealistic attempts of Bauhaus staff (and students) to bring up children in a new and creative manner.
The top shows how colour and form are transformed by motion. The 7 interchangeable discs each have information on the back explaining the optical phenomenon present.